My Non-Immigrant US Visa Story

I never imagined my self applying for a non-immigrant US VISA because USA is not really in my bucket-list to travel because I know that ...



I never imagined my self applying for a non-immigrant US VISA because USA is not really in my bucket-list to travel because I know that applying for US Visa has a 50-50 approval rate but when my family decided that we would go there by November 2016, I immediately opened Google and did some research and I wanna hate Google for the horror stories that I read and also some of my friends that tried to applied for the visa and have those big money but still they are denied. Reading those creepy stories makes my heart cringe and to be scared of what might happen.

Please take note that I'm 20+ ish years old, Adult, Single, working for almost 10 months in my first job after graduation and no big savings in the bank. My dad already has his 10 years multiple B1/B2 Visa so my mom and I needs to apply for the visa. My older sister is already married and has a son so she needs to do her own application with my nephew.

If you are planning to apply for a visa, I suggest that you should not avail the Visa Assistance offered to some travel agencies because you can do this by your self. Just read, I repeat read and understand the easy steps that all written on the US Embassy Manila website. I basically did our appointment by my self.

HOW TO APPLY FOR NON-IMMIGRANT US VISA:

  1. Pay the necessary MRV fee via BPI or Bancnet. (Make sure to check what visa are you applying)
  2. Fill out the DS-160 form. (Please make sure that all details that you will fill out are all correct and 100% true)
  3. Set an appointment. (you may call the US Embassy hotline but I suggest you use the online calendar so you have the control of your schedule)
  4. Arrive to the US Embassy and be ready for your interview.
I submitted our online application last April 26, 2016. I tried to set for an appointment hoping that I can get earlier schedule but when I was checking for the available dates the earliest that available is on May 23, 2016 then I decided not the set an appointment because I need an earlier date because of some personal matters about my work. So after an hour I tried checking the website and viola! May 5, 2016 was available. I chose 7:15 am which is the earliest available time.

May 5, 2016, I woke up around 4:30 AM thinking that this is the day, I hurriedly took a bath and fixed my self. Took my breakfast and my requirements needed. We arrived at the Embassy around 6:50 AM. Yes there were lots of people falling in line so please asked the guards on duty where are you supposed to line up. 

We fall in line for the 7:15 AM schedule and waited for our time to get interviewed. But there are few steps before the interview but I'll make this post in a fast.

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE:

We applied as a "family" so me and my mom were both in the window to answer the questions but I was the one who answered most of the questions. My mom was asked for 3 questions only LOL.

Consul: Good morning!
Mom and Me: Good morning!
Consul: How are you related?
Me: Mother
Consul: Ah mother and daughter?
Me: Yes! (I was laughing at my mind for not properly answering her question, I just wanna say wtf did I said)
Consul: Why are you going to the US?
Me: We will visit our relatives especially my grand mother.
Consul: What state are you going?
Me:California
Consul: How long will you stay?
Me: 2 weeks
Consul: What's your work here?
Me:I'm a Sales Engineer at Alabang.
Consul: How long have you been working?
Me: Almost 10 months
Consul: Who will pay for the trip?
Me: My father will pay for the trip while the lodging will be my Aunt.
Consul: Will he be flying with you? (my father)
Me: Yes
Consul: What's his work here? (my father)
Me: He's a Senior Manufacturing Quality Manager at -insert company here-
Consul: Where does he live?
Me: In Cavite. (I should have answered "with us" hahaha)
Consul: Does he have a US Visa?
Me:Yes. He has a B1/B2 Visa.
Consul: Hi ma'am (calling the attention of my mother who was still in shock of what's happening)
Mom: (Awkwardly smiling/insert obvious fake smile because she's really nervous)
Consul: Do you have work?
Mom: Yes I'm working. I have a pet shop business.
Consul: How many years do you run this business?
Mom: 5 years
Consul: How many employees do you have?
Mom: (Looked at me with a big question mark on her face, obviously she didn't understand the question. I told her that "Ma ilan daw empleyado mo" in a very quiet voice then she answered 4 even though her employees are more than 10. HAHAHA! then I said "Mami bakit 4 diba madami? then she answered 4-5 ah many!.) I really wanna laugh so hard because my mom can't handle questions like this. HAHAH she's really in shock and scarred.
Consul: Okay, wait for you visa to be delivered after 1 week. Your visa is approved.!

Music to my ears! Our visa was approved! The interview lasted around 3-5 mins. No documents were asked to us! I'm so happy! imagined this is our 1st time to apply and we got approved. We have friends who got denied even though they are rich, but I just wanna say thank you Lord for this! My mom cried after hearing that our visa was approved . All I did was to smile! hahaha! 

Just a few tips if you want to apply. Make sure that all your answers are 100% true. Don't you ever try to lie because I believe these consuls were trained to know /read your behavior or how you answer their questions. and of course just Pray and believe with him!

See you soon USA! :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Now it is very difficult to get immigration in western countries due to changing world

    Immigration to British Columbia, Canada

    ReplyDelete