Funfilled day at Rizal: Pililla Windmills, Darank Falls and Masungi Georeserve

It's been a very tiring day for me and my friends when we tried to face our fears by going to Masungi Georeserve few weeks ago....




It's been a very tiring day for me and my friends when we tried to face our fears by going to Masungi Georeserve few weeks ago. I was the one who booked our day tour experience in a travel and tours. The original plan was I'll be going with my college friends we were 4, I booked and paid the reservations already, but some things happened, they cannot go with me anymore. That's why I asked my high school buddies If they can join me. Luckily, they were there to experience this wild and crazy adventure!



The call time was 5:30 AM, since the pickup place was just 20 mins away to our place we went off at the house around 5:00 AM. We came to Rizal around 9:30 AM, the first stop was the Pililla Windmills. It bring back the vibes of Ilocos when I wen there last May 2015. But the windmills here are quite few and small. Just took some photos and deicded to proceed to the next stop which was the
Daranak Falls. Too bad it was raining so hard when we visited Daranak Falls the color of the water from the falls looks like dirty mud. We decided not to swim anymore since the water is not appearing to our eyes. Had our packed lunch their and decided to proceed to the main challenge, the Masungi Georeserve.


We arrived at there at 1:00PM but our trekking/adventure started around 2:00PM already Thank God for giving us a beautiful weather, the sun showed up. We needed to wait for our turn per batch because the tour guide were only few. There is a schedule every 30 mins but when we came there, the staffs are confused on how will they work out on the batched remaining since it was almost crowded.


Before we start the adventure, we were oriented first about what are the Do's and Don'ts as well as some of the mini history of the place. I've learned that Masungi came from the word Sungki which is crooked teeth, like the rocks that will be seen in the area. We started trekking and got a chance to be with the coolest tour guide which is named as "Kaku" also known as the Tarzan of Masungi.


The challenge for us was to go to the different adventures that are waiting for us. We need to go up and down using the nets without harness as well as going inside of the cave. Thank you so much for the helmets given in addition to that was the free 2 bottles of water which is really helpful during the whole trip, without them I might be dead now due to dehydration.




I'm so happy that I've experienced those precious moments with my friends as well as doing the things that I've never imagined that I'll be doing. I'm so happy that I can go to different places and do the things that I wanna do. We just took some shots and really got tired for walking almost 4 hours! BTW, after trekking they will be giving free snacks. Too bad, I don't eat mayonnaise they served tuna and egg sandwich! Hell yeah! I just ate a banana! 



We finished trekking around 7PM and changed clothes. We lamost went home to Cavite around 9:30 PM. Overall this trip was really an amazing one, too new for my eyes and experiences, I wish I can do more of this. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments